- 15.05.10 A completed recount of 2.5 million ballots cast in Iraq’s March 7 parliamentary election found no signs of fraud, an election official said on Friday, making it likely the final tally will not change.
- 15.05.10 Three suicide bombers blew themselves up at a sports field in a predominantly Shiite town in northern Iraq on Friday, killing at least 10 people and wounding another 120, police and hospital officials reported.
A plane has crashed at Libya’s Tripoli airport, killing 105 people.12.05.10
- 12.05.10 Despite fierce US disapproval of Iran’s nuclear program, Russia has voiced its readiness to help Tehran build light-water reactors, APA reports quoting official site of Press TV.
Within the framework of the business visit to Azerbaijan, Defense Minister of the Russian Federation Anatoly Serdyukov met with colonel-general Safar Abiyev, press service of the Defense Ministry reported.11.05.10
International Committee of Red Cross: More than 50% of the world’s population is living in urban areas7.05.10 The Red Cross and Red Crescent is marking 8 May, World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day, by focusing attention on both the challenges and opportunities presented by urbanization, Azerbaijani office of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) reported.
- 30.04.10 The ash cloud resulting from a volcanic eruption has caused economic damages of 1 billion euros ( 1.32 billion U.S. dollars) to the European tourism industry, the European Commission said on Thursday.
US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Thursday urged Arab states to do more to back Israeli-Palestinian peace moves while warning Syria against arming Lebanon’s anti-Israeli Hezbollah.30.04.10 But Clinton, speaking to a pro-Israel group, said she also expected Israel to halt settlements in occupied land, meet the humanitarian needs of Gazans, and help the Palestinian Authority build institutions needed for statehood.
"We do not expect the Arab states to move forward in a vacuum," the chief US diplomat said in remarks to the American Jewish Committee.
- 28.04.10 Two explosions occurred nearby the airport of Kandahar city, capital of Kandahar province in south Afghanistan, injuring 11 people on Tuesday, police said, APA reports quoting news.xinhuanet.com website.
- 23.04.10 Reports of anti-Russian sentiment were created intentionally to destabilize the situation in the country, Kyrgyz interim Deputy Prime Minister Almazbek Atambayev said on Thursday.
- 23.04.10 Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe has vowed "continues support" for Iran’s nuclear program in the face of Western powers mulling new sanctions against the Islamic Republic, APA reports quoting Presstv.ir web-page.
Yulia Tymoshenko convene an extraordinary session of the Supreme Rada on Saturday on the continuation of the stay of the Black Sea Fleet in Ukraine.22.04.10
- 22.04.10 The Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Thursday morning started military exercises code-named “Holy Prophet 5” in the Persian Gulf and the Strait of Hormuz, APA reports quoting IRNA.